I feel possessed when I crave cookies. I don’t make them often, because I would have them for breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack-time. When I do make them, I feel cathartic, warm, and fuzzy. What’s more satisfying than eating nothing but cookies on cheat day? Nothing. The answer is nothing.
- Preparation Time: 15 min.
- Cuisine: Dessert, American
- Servings: 12 cookies
- 8 tablespoons of butter, melted
- 1/2 cup white sugar (cane)
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (milk chocolate)
- 1/4 butterscotch chips
1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2Combine butter and sugar and beat until smooth and consistent.
3Add the vanilla extract and egg to batter and beat on low until mixed throughly.
4Add the flour, salt, baking soda, and continue to mix.
5Fold in chocolate and butter scotch chips.
6Roll the dough into 12 balls.
7Place on a greased cookie sheet.
8Bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees, or until barely golden brown.
9Be sure that you don't over bake or cookies will be stiff.
10Wait 10 minutes, then enjoy!