Peanut Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 Min
- February 4, 2020
It’s Chinese New Year and what better way than to celebrate with food? This was such a yummy blend of fresh veggies, juicy chicken and a spicy peanut sauce that brought the heat! Served in my lucky red bowls, this is a different dish, but sure to please!
- Preparation Time: 30 min.
- Cook Time: 40 min.
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Servings: 2-4
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into strips and seasoned with salt and pepper.
- 1/2 cup of vegetable broth
- 3 tbsp. of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tsp.all purpose flour
- 1/2 large white onion, cut into wedges
- 2 bell peppers, sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cups of purple cabbage, shredded
- 1 1/2 cups of snow peas
- 2 cups of brown rice, cooked
- 2 tbsp. of unsalted peanuts, crushed
- 1 1/2 tbsp. of lime juice
- 1/2 tsp. of crushed red pepper
- 1 tbsp. of maple syrup
1If rice is uncooked, begin first, and use directions on bag.
2To make peanut sauce, add broth, crushed red pepper, maple syrup, peanut butter, lime juice, flour, and garlic salt in a small bowl, mix well and set aside.
3In a wok or a large skillet, combine chicken, bell peppers, garlic and onion in 1 tbsp. of sesame oil, over medium to high heat for 3-5 minutes, stirring consistently to prevent sticking.
4Add in the snow peas, and cabbage and cook for 2-4 more minutes until vegetables are tender.
5Add sauce to wok or skillet and stir until sauce starts to thicken.
6Serve with brown rice.
7Garnish with crushed peanuts and a lime squeeze.